Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, DC (RMHCDC) addresses the most urgent needs of our community – Children’s Health.
While RMHCDC cannot make medicine taste better or take away painful treatments, we can help lessen the burden and ensure thousands of families a year have the stability and resources they need to keep their child healthy and happy.
We believe that when families are together, they heal better. We believe that an oasis of comfort in a sea of chaos is as powerful as any medication. We believe that healing is measured in laughter, cups of tea and bedtime stories. We believe that a home is more than four walls and a roof over your head. It is the intangible magic that transpires in moments shared together. We believe in building a global community that finds strength, hope and courage in embracing healing as a joyous experience.
Ronald McDonald House® of Washington, DC
3727 14th St. NE
Washington, DC 20017
Phone: (202) 529-8204
Ronald McDonald House® of Northern Virginia
3312 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Phone: (703) 698-7080
Two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms:
Ronald McDonald Family Room at Children's National Medical Center
Washington, DC 20010
Phone: (202) 476-4205
Ronald McDonald Family Room at Inova Children's Hospital
3300 Gallows Rd., Falls Church, VA 22042
Phone: (703) 776-8060
Mission and Core Values: Guiding us in our mission to ease the hardship of children’s illness on families through programs that directly improve the health and wellbeing of children are our Core Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence (I-CARE).
- We operate with integrity and honor. Our actions are always in keeping with what is best for the organization, families and staff- and not our personal feelings or preferences.
- We are consistently trustworthy and reliable, and are good stewards of our resources.
- We own up to our mistakes. When wrong, we apologize and work to fix the problem.
- We actively seek to understand, sympathize with, and alleviate the distress of others.
- We show love and compassion to those with whom we work and serve each day, and rejoice when their needs are met.
- We see the good in every person and interact with kindness, grace, and enthusiastic encouragement.
- We are a people-focused organization; we never forget that our mission is to serve families in need.
- We sustain our culture of being trustworthy, dependable, and principled through active cooperation and authentic, open communication.
- We acknowledge that, in return for support, we owe honesty, transparency, and accountability to our community, our co-workers, and our customers.
- We keep our promises, uphold our commitments, and take full responsibility for our actions.
- We believe that everyone deserves respect, courtesy, kindness and consideration.
- We respect and welcome others’ viewpoints, strengths and differences, and celebrate our diversity.
- Our approach to our work will be collaborative, thoughtful and inclusive.
- We ensure that everyone is heard, demonstrating tolerance and fairness in all of our actions.
- We strive for excellence in everything we do, holding ourselves to the highest standards and constantly seeking ways to improve and expand our services.
- We provide something “extra” whenever possible. We strive to exceed our own and others’ expectations, and never say “That’s not my job”.
- We are one unified team. We work as one to achieve the mission of RMHCDC and serve the needs of the organization, the families and each other.